Thursday 2 June 2016

Start packing a lunch today!

Preparing your meals, prepares you for success.

I am the first to admit, if I do not pack my lunch the night before, I will not have/make time for it in the morning, or I will be extremely rushed and frustrated. I promise you, when you start you may be dragging your feet to bed and not have the energy or forget it in the fridge when you leave the house in the morning, you will appreciate your lunch, that YOU made, for YOURSELF!

I love when I have a great lunch. You look forward to lunch time even more, and after lunch you continue to feel happy and satisfied. 

I am lucky, I naturally am drawn to and love healthy food. Vegetables, grains, nuts… I can’t get enough. And, call me crazy, but I love leftovers. To me food is fuel, that's how I see it going into my body. The building blocks to my muscles and strength. For others, (my boyfriend is in this category) they are more consumed on particular qualities and ingredients of a meal. 

I think a large problem (I am to blame) is that we over think our meal choices! Try to keep this in mind, each meal or snack should have carbs, protein and vegetables or fruit. And don't forget you want to eat every 2.5-3 hours! Fuel your body and your mind! 

 I have put together some quick meal ideas to prepare you for an awesome day!

Snack
  • 1/2 banana and 5 almonds
  • Crackers, cheese and cucumber slices
  • Apple slices and a heaping spoon of peanut butter
  • Celery slices and peanut butter

Lunch
  • Small wraps with turkey breast, lettuce and peppers, some hot sauce and mayo - a couple slices of carrots and cauliflowers on side *** new fav! - Skip the wheat wrap and throw those ingredients in a piece of romain lettuce! 
  • 1/4 cup chicken, 1/2 cup rice, 1-2 cups vegetables - Be fun with it! Fresh or frozen
  • Black bean salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro and lime juice (Don't be afraid to throw in some feta cheese if you have it in the fridge!)
  • Quesadillas - wraps with peppers, onions and cheese - Plain greek yogurt and salsa on side


I would love to hear about some of the lunch or snack favourites you have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment